The simple things like smiling or saying “Hi.” The joy of a handshake of an admirer, or better, a photo shot with them.
The complex things such being a mom, a dad, a husband, a wife, teenage years, and religion. The confounding, a dying 4 year old.
Fire Fighters support “Dyrk” Burcie, 4 year old w/ terminal cancer. http://tinyurl.com/6pomr4z http://tinyurl.com/6stbvps #dyrk #dyrkstrong #fire #firefighters
I heard about this little boy from his grandmother. Funny, or not, how we can miss these things when they are right next to us.
The grandmother is a friend. I have worked with her son, the uncle of this little boy. I have spoken with her several times in the last month.
How did I not know of this? What was my focus?
The stuff that really matters sometimes slips by us. Not that we can fix it. We can share, care, and love ‘em. Sometimes that is what we can do, let them know they are loved.
May God bless you Dyrk.
- Firefighters honor dying boy with ‘Dyrk’ photos (miamiherald.com)
- Community Shows Support for 4-Year-Old with Terminal Cancer (abcnews.go.com)
- Firefighters honor dying boy with ‘Dyrk’ photos (kansascity.com)
- Firefighters honor dying boy with ‘Dyrk’ photos (heraldonline.com)
- PHOTOS: Firefighters rally photos for Dyrk (kens5.com)
- Firefighters honor dying boy with ‘Dyrk’ photos (wtvm.com)
- Texas firefighters snap photos for boy, 6, with terminal cancer (kens5.com)
- Firefighters honor boy with cancer (cbsnews.com)
- Watch: Texas Firefighters Rally Behind Dying Boy (abcnews.go.com)